Academy Sports Store - Review about Sports Equipment from Greenville, South Carolina

It cannot be published to the website, but.. —

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution. However, it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing and we hope to publish next time.

Submit something new

Thanks again,Academy Sports + Outdoors

Buy at your own risk.I purchased these from my local Academy Sports on 9/8/15. After opening the box at home I realized the set was missing one of the smallest weight disk. Probably about 2.5 to 3 lbs. Mistakes happen, so I emailed customer service per user manual. I was informed that CS does not carry replacement weights, and to go back to store with receipt and ask for the weight. Off to the store I go. There the woman behind the desk hears my case and sees the email exchange. I told her I just needed that small weight, and she could get it from another box. Nope... She says not possible, you must return the original for an exchange. "Seriously? You're going to end up with an open box regardless.... You're asking me to exchange 117 lbs for 120 lbs rather than just go get a 3 lb disk..." After talking with this mentally challenged woman, I went home - boxed up the dumbells and promptly returned to the store. Woman says, "You want to exchange now?" Me; "No I want a refund." Cash in hand looked a lot better than this shady junk Academy sells.

Need help? Visit Customer Service or contact us:

1.) customerservice@academy.com2.) 1-888-922-23363.) Academy Sports + OutdoorsCustomer Service565 South Mason Road #419Katy, TX 77450

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add to your address book. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, unsubscribe. We are committed to treating your personal information with the highest degree of care. To read our Privacy Policy please view here.

© 2015 Academy Sports + Outdoors. All Rights Reserved.Corporate Headquarters - 1800 North Mason Road, Katy, TX 77449

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Academy Sports Store. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Academy Sports Store.
Filing a new complaint about