Greenville, South Carolina

It cannot be published to the website, but.. —

Related: Academy Sports Store - Review in Sport category from Pineville, Louisiana

CC__,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution. However, it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing and we hope to publish next time.

Submit something new

Thanks again,Academy Sports + Outdoors

Buy at your own risk.I purchased these from my local Academy Sports on 9/8/15. After opening the box at home I realized the set was missing one of the smallest weight disk. Probably about 2.5 to 3 lbs. Mistakes happen, so I emailed customer service per user manual. I was informed that CS does not carry replacement weights, and to go back to store with receipt and ask for the weight. Off to the store I go. There the woman behind the desk hears my case and sees the email exchange. I told her I just needed that small weight, and she could get it from another box. Nope... She says not possible, you must return the original for an exchange. "Seriously? You're going to end up with an open box regardless.... You're asking me to exchange 117 lbs for 120 lbs rather than just go get a 3 lb disk..." After talking with this mentally challenged woman, I went home - boxed up the dumbells and promptly returned to the store. Woman says, "You want to exchange now?" Me; "No I want a refund." Cash in hand looked a lot better than this shady junk Academy sells.

Need help? Visit Customer Service or contact us:

1.) customerservice@academy.com2.) 1-888-922-23363.) Academy Sports + OutdoorsCustomer Service565 South Mason Road #419Katy, TX 77450

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add no-reply@academy.com to your address book. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, unsubscribe. We are committed to treating your personal information with the highest degree of care. To read our Privacy Policy please view here.

© 2015 Academy Sports + Outdoors. All Rights Reserved.Corporate Headquarters - 1800 North Mason Road, Katy, TX 77449

Review about: Sports Equipment.

1.4
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Academy Sports Store?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.