4K views

I purchased a pair of cleats for my son at another chain porting goods store, but decided they were a 1/2 size too big.The store didn't have the size I needed, but Academy did.

However, they would not match the price with a 2 day old receipt. They said it had to be an advertisement. Customer service was terrible. I will do my shopping elsewhere!

While at the store, I spoke to a manager who was unwilling to match their competitors price.

Then I spent 45 minutes on the phone with their national customer service.

They offered to lower to be within $10 of the other store (because they knew what they were doing was wrong), but would not match the price.HOW CAN YOU ADVERTISE A PRICE MATCH, IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO DO SO???

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with large selection and stated that there is a room for improvement of bad customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "false advertising" of academy sports store manager. Academy Sports Store needs to "don't advertise that you price match, when you will not" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned academy sports store manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Academy Sports Store.

Comments

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1356398

I've never found any organization who would price match a competitor who did not have the item in stock. You clearly state that the competitor did NOT have the item in stock, and so I think your criticism is unfounded.

Yukon, Oklahoma, United States #1275772

Their policy is specific to advertisements. Read and fully understand the policy before posting negative reviews about topics you don't take the time to investigate. Bet you got participation awards growing up, or, as an adult are strongly in favor of such awards.

to Anonymous Douglasville, Georgia, United States #1351122

You must be in middle school. Thanks for the helpful comment

to Anonymous #1403263

That had in stock and I bought 2 and can verify thank you

No you don't know what your talking about

Richmond, Texas, United States #1271977

Sports academy will not match the prices as they claim.Today 1/16/17 Went to the store with receipts for a purchase from another store and the manager insisted I have to come with a picture of the advertisement.I had proof of the purchase.

They refused to match the price.They're a hoax

Most companies with a price match promise state in the policy that you have to bring in AN AD, not a receipt. If they had what you wanted and were willing to lower their price by any amount based only on a receipt from another store and not a printed ad then you should either take the offer or go somewhere else.