Academy Sports Store - Academy Sports + Outdoors won't post my review

I ordered a pair of boots online for my son on 12/22/2013.. I paid extra for overnight shipping so they would arrive before Christmas.. They didn't arrive until 12/26/2013.. They never offered a refund for the extra shipping or even an apology, and an apology would of been enough..What really got me was the email they sent..

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution. However, it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing and we hope to publish next time.

Thanks again,

Academy Sports + Outdoors"

I guess their website guidelines are to post only good reviews or none at all..

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 24, 2014 #920589 Gainesboro, Tennessee

Tom, don't defend this crappy company. They messed up or didn't send 7 of my 10 orders. Customer service is horrible. They tell you to buy 100.00 for free shipping, then cancel all but a 5.00 item, and add 18.00 shipping to it! Over and Over again. It's not a coincidence. If they had a true rating system like ebay and amazon. they would be out of business

0 0 Reply

May 19, 2014 #816774 Louisville, Kentucky

You tried to give the ITEM a bad review because you waited to the last possible second to order a Christmas present and it didn't arrive in time. That might have been the store's fault (or it might have been the shipping company, you never did say where the delay happened) but in any case it had nothing to do with the ITEM.
You need to learn the difference between reviewing an item and reviewing the store where you bought it -- those really are two different things.

1 0 Reply

Feb 05, 2014 #782569

After I posted this review I received an email from Academy Sports with an apology and they refunded my shipping.. I really appreciate that.. Thank you..

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Academy Sports Store. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Academy Sports Store.
Filing a new complaint about